The Association has been set up for following purposes/objectives:
- Dissemination of scientific knowledge concerning computer science in sport
- Providing a forum for the exchange of ideas
- Bridging the gap between researchers and practitioners
- Gather and disseminating information, scientific knowledge and materials on computer science in sport
- Counselling other organisations in questions of computer science in sport
- Representation of computer science in sport in other scientific associations
- Edition of a journal
- Organization of events
The Association is an international, non-profit organization carrying out activities to achieve the objectives specified above.
Is open to individuals, groups, and national and international organizations interested in computer science in sport. Membership in the Association consists of the following classes: member, fellow, student member, special member and affiliate member.
Membership generally requires the submission of an application accompanied by the appropriate fee as prescribed at the time of the application. The membership year is the calendar year.
The Board (of Directors) consists of the President (Chair, Speaker), the Secretary General, the Treasurer and 6-8 selected members (Directors). The President, the Secretary General, the Treasurer and the Directors are elected for a two-year period by the members.